HMP Application Requirements
Applicants to the Health and Medical Policy degree program should meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
- Students may have completed a major in any field, but it is recommended that students have taken basic courses in economics, political science, and statistics.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale) is preferred.
Fall: May 1
Spring: December 1
Applicants are required to submit the following materials to be considered for admission. All materials must be received before an applicant is put under review:
- Graduate application and fee
- A 750-1,000 word written statement of your goals and interest in the program
- A current resume
- One official transcript from all college and university work completed. Transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope to the School of Policy, Government, and International Affairs Graduate Admissions Office. For official electronic transcripts, submit to Mason’s official email address for electronic transcript receipt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students presenting international credentials are required to provide official transcripts, degree certificates or diplomas, and certified translations of the documents in English (if applicable). For guidelines, visit: http://admissions.gmu.edu/documents/internationalTranscriptGuidelines.pdf
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one recommendation should be from an individual who is qualified to attest to the candidate’s academic potential.
- Additional Requirements for International Students
The School of Policy, Government, and International Affairs awards merit-based scholarships based on applicants’ academic credentials. To be considered for the Schar School’s merit-based scholarships:
- Applicants must submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Law School Admission Test (LSAT) scores.
- All application materials must be submitted by the scholarship deadlines.
Where to Submit Your Application
Submit transcripts and other application materials to the following address:
The Schar School – Graduate Admissions
3351 Fairfax Drive, MS 3B1
Arlington, VA 22201