Graduate Non-Degree Studies

The Schar School of Policy and Government offers students the opportunity to take comprehensive, graduate-level courses without formally pursuing a degree.  This option allows individuals (who do not currently wish to pursue a degree but are interested in taking competitive courses) access to skilled faculty within the Schar School of Policy and Government.

To be eligible for non-degree graduate course work, candidates must have completed an undergraduate degree.

Non-degree students may choose to change their status and enter into a formal degree program. To do so, students must reapply for admission using the Application for Graduate Study and submit required credentials. If admitted into a degree program, a maximum of four classes taken in non-degree status may be applied toward a master’s degree program.

Please note that international students on F-1 or J-1 visas are not eligible to enroll in non-degree coursework.

Learn more about applications requirements and credentials.

Scroll Top