Organization Development & Knowledge Management, MS
Learn to lead change in complex organizations. In the Schar School’s Organization Development & Knowledge Management (ODKM) cohort master’s program, you will explore organizational leadership theory and practice, the shift from hierarchical structures to group-based learning, and best practices to promote the creation of adaptive, collaborative work environments. You will graduate with the capacity to manage, evaluate, and affect rapid change in government, corporate, and nonprofit organizations.
The ODKM program is designed to meet the needs of contemporary society and of organizations undergoing rapid changes and shifting from hierarchical structures to more group-based learning environments. While focusing on the human and social aspects of organizing, the program also emphasizes the use of collaborative groupware technologies to support interactive learning, knowledge sharing, and knowledge creation.
This unique cohort program is offered as a part-time executive format with classes offered primarily on Friday evenings and Saturdays on alternating weekends.
ODKM faculty members are internationally recognized for their scholarship, research, and advisory roles in the public and private sectors. Core faculty members include:
- Tojo Thatchenkery, the director of the program, teaches and researches change management and organization development, leadership, knowledge management, and appreciative intelligence, inquiry, and innovation.
- Anne Washington specializes in organizations, public law, public management, e-government, transparency, and big data policy.
- Ann Baker focuses on cross-cultural communication, group and organization communication, knowledge management, and organizational change.
- Mark Addleson’s areas of research include organizational change, leadership, economics, and Africa.
- Jessica Srikantia teaches and researches on leadership, organizations, democratization, education policy, globalization, and peace and justice studies.
Located in the Washington, D.C., Area
Classes are offered in Mason’s Schar School of Policy and Government in the Washington, D.C., area on Mason’s Arlington campus in Virginia. Our great location offers students an opportunity to study with leading scholars and practitioners closely connected to the epicenter of policymaking and public service.