Here are a few tips on courses that will help prepare you for law school. See below for the departments that offer these courses.
- Take courses that you enjoy and in which you will do well.
- Take courses that require a lot of writing (English, history, philosophy, etc.).
- Take reading intensive courses.
- Take courses that help you explore the sub-field of law that you might want to practice, such as biology, economics, IT, or chemistry.
- The Geography Department offers courses in environmental las.
- The Social Work Department offers courses in social work and the law.
- Government courses in law, theory, and American government can help supply historical and theoretical background for law.
- Take courses Criminology, Law and Society (CRIM) that deal with the law.
- Take sociology courses that consider the role of law in society.
- Philosophy courses, particularly courses in logic, can help you develop valuable skills for work in law.
Department of Social Work Website
Criminology, Law and Society Website
Sociology and Anthropology Website
Degrees in Geography, Geology, and Earth Science (Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science)