Undergraduate Credit Overload Request
In order to be considered for an overload, students must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Be in good academic standing
- Have completed the prior semester with a GPA of 2.33 or higher
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.33 or higher
- Have demonstrated in prior semesters at Mason the ability to handle an increased and demanding course load while maintaining high performance
- Have no remaining incompletes (INs) from a previous semester
Freshmen and transfer students in their first semesters are not given permission for overloads as they have yet to establish an academic record at George Mason University. However, special consideration will be given for study abroad winter intersession cases.
If approved for an overload, the student is responsible for adding the additional class(es) and paying for the related tuition by the official university deadlines.
Print the form found here:
Provide an explanation of Employment and other commitments for the semester of the overload, and attach a detailed explanation of your reason for requesting an overload to the form.
Submit the form and attachments to your advisor.