The Schar School Office of Grant Development does the following:
- Helps faculty to identify funding opportunities. The Director of Grants, Tonya E. Thornton, is available to talk at any time. In addition, the following link provides access to databases.
- Introduces Schar School faculty to grant program officers.
- Serves as a point of contact with other universities for multi-institutional proposals.
- Arranges interdisciplinary planning meetings for large and complex proposals.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of proposals (summarizes funder guidelines and reviews letters of inquiry and proposals).
- Provides professional editorial assistance for proposals. If needed, please contact the Director of Grants, Tonya E. Thornton, so that she can process your request.
- Provides budget guidance.
- Provides boiler plate proposal language in the form of templates.
- Offers a comprehensive list of Schar School faculty awards.
- Provides best practices for proposal submissions.
- Serves as a conduit for Schar School faculty members to the Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Impact, the Office of Sponsored Programs, and the George Mason University Foundation.
- Provides clarification on Mason research policies.
- Keeps a master list of faculty areas of expertise.
Visit the site, https://grants.schar.gmu.edu/, for additional information.