Sponsored by the Schar School Gender and Policy (GAP) Center in collaboration with Academy Women
Unconscious Bias has implications for women's representation in the public sphere. Leaders from various sectors will discuss their experience and expertise in identifying unconscious bias, and devising and implementing policy solutions to mitigate it in the interest of creating more inclusive and equitable workplaces and democratic institutions. Intersectional considerations, including race, gender, age and ability will feature be featured in the discussion.
Panel Discussion Moderated by Professor Bonnie Stabile, GAP Director
Introduction and Welcome by Dean Mark Rozell
- Dr. Carrie Baker Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Headquarters, Air Force Space Command
- Maura Belliveau, PhD Director, Center for Diversity Innovation, University at Buffalo
- Colonel Don Christensen, President of Protect Our Defenders
- Ally Coll, President and Co-Founder of the Purple Campaign
- Deborah Lee James 23rd Secretary of the Air Force and Author of Aim High: Chart Your Course and Find Success
- Paula Kranz Executive Director, The Wheelhouse Foundation Producer, Wheelhouse Media
- Victoria Lipnic Commissioner, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (and former Acting Chair)
For additional information, please contact Bonnie Stabile at firstname.lastname@example.org.