The George Mason University Black Alumni Chapter hosts its first-ever Forty Under 40 list of outstanding alumni who have achieved success in their professional and community endeavors. The inaugural list of 40 includes five who graduated from the Master’s in Public Policy and Master’s in Public Administration and undergraduate programs in the Schar School of Policy and Government. Congratulations to them.
The graduates will be recognized in a formal dinner and program on Saturday, October 9, at 6 p.m., held at the Johnson Center’s Dewberry Hall on Mason’s Fairfax campus. Registration for the dinner closes October 5; information can be found here.
The Schar School graduates include:
- Nichole Lynn Lewis, Master’s in Public Policy, 2006, founder and CEO of Generation Hope;
- Nicholas Hamilton-Archer, BA ’06 GVIP, Master’s in Public Administration, 2010, Executive Director of Executive Education at Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business;
- India Adams-Jacobs, BS ‘12, Public Administration, Assistant to the City Manager at City of Petersburg, Va.;
- Merone Hailemeskel, BA ‘15, Master’s in Public Administration, 2017, Digital Director and Policy Advisor for Reach Higher Initiative and Better Make Room Campaign;
- Xavier Clark, Master’s in Public Administration (Homeland Security and Emergency Management), 2018, Department of Homeland Security, fashion educator, and PhD student at Mason’s Department of Communication (Strategic and Health Communication).