Take your classroom experience to the next level! The Schar School of Policy and Government offers a variety of ways to enrich your undergraduate academic journey and give you a professional edge on the job market. Employers are looking to hire graduates who demonstrate key professional competencies like problem solving, collaboration, technological dexterity, intercultural fluency, and communication skills. The Schar School will help you develop your professional competencies so that you can make a successful transition into the workplace. Get ready for a career that makes a difference!
IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO START PREPARING FOR AN IMPACTFUL CAREER.
HONE YOUR SKILLS
BUILD YOUR NETWORK
- Attend networking events with the active Schar School alumni chapter
- Engage with featured speakers at Schar School events and group advising sessions
- Connect with a graduate working in your field through the Alumni Mentoring Program
- Get involved through student leadership opportunities like the Schar School Ambassadors, Peer Advisors, Recruitment Liaisons, or the Undergraduate Student Organization
EXPLORE AN INTERNATIONAL CAREER
- Meet career diplomats at the annual Foreign Service Day and Foreign Service Networking Night
- Make a difference through the Peace Corps Prep Program
- Take part in a Global Exposure experience
- Create an account on Passport Career using your Mason email address and the Registration Key: gmuniver
- Combine an international internship with a cohort experience through the Global Politics Fellows program
Want to get career ready? Reach out to a Schar School advisor or a student liaison today!