Our graduate certificate programs allow students to remain competitive in an increasingly complex global economy by gaining specialized education in their area of interest. Each certificate program includes five courses for a total of 15 credits. Part-time and full-time study is available, and students typically complete the certificate in one to one-and-a-half years.
Note: We have extended the primary application deadline to July 15 for the Fall 2020 entry term for our master's and graduate certificate programs. The deadline for international applicants has been extended to June 1. Domestic applications will be accepted after July 15 on a space-available basis.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE APPLICATION DEADLINES
Fall Entry: July 15
(Domestic applications accepted on a space-available basis after July 15.)
Spring Entry: December 1
Note: International students must apply one month prior to the deadlines listed
CERTIFICATE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for admission to the graduate certificate programs at the Schar School must have a conferred bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a regionally accredited college or university. A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale) is preferred.
Additional applicant requirements:
- Graduate application and fee*
- 750-1,000-word written statement of your goals and interest in the program
- Unofficial transcripts from all previous institutions attended in the U.S. For international institutions, transcripts may be unofficial but should include cumulative transcripts, degree certificate, individual semester marksheets (if applicable), and diploma (if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one recommendation should be from an individual who is qualified to attest to the candidate’s academic potential.
- Additional requirements for applicants with international credentials. Visit the International Applicant Requirements page for more information.
*In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, for Fall 2020 applications the application fee has been waived. Applicants who paid the fee previously will not be offered a refund. Please email email@example.com should you have questions.
OUR GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS:
Contact the Schar School Office of Graduate Admissions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (703) 993-8099. If you are interested in a graduate certificate program, be sure to complete our Request More Information form to be informed of admissions events, application tips, and more.