The Certified Public Manager® (CPM) is designed to enhance the careers of mid-to-senior level public service managers by providing management theory and practice to all participants. Benefits of the program are far reaching, such as an:
- Improved ability to manage within the organization:
- Enhanced set of skills for personal advancement;
- Expanded network of professional colleagues; and
- Opportunity to learn current best practice.
The CPM Program curriculum addresses critical-need topics, including:
- Management of Self;
- Strategic Management;
- Project Management;
- Performance Management and Evaluation;
- Budgeting and Financial Management;
- Human Resource Management;
- Information Technology Management;
- Conflict Management and Team Building;
- Organizational Communications; and
Course modules meet in person twice a month from 9 am to 4 pm for a period of 12 months with the exception of the last module which last three days. This face-to-face format enables working professionals the opportunity to spend meaningful time with a cohort of peers. Preparation for each course module also takes approximately 7 hours of reading and study.
Successful participants will earn 25.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and distinction as a Certified Public Manager®.
To enroll as a participant of the CPM Program, please click on the following links complete the associated application and registration forms along with providing unofficial copies of academic transcripts.
CPM Program Application Form
CPM Program Registration Form
The tuition is $4,000 (not including additional costs that may be incurred such as parking, books, or meals) to be paid by purchase order, credit card, or check.
For more information about the CPM Program, please contact Mr. Anthony “Tony” H. Griffin, Practitioner-in-Residence and former Fairfax County Executive, at email@example.com or Dr. Tonya T. Neaves, Grant and Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.