Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society, is the only honor society dedicated to college and university students studying government in the United States. There are over 740 chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha nationwide. At George Mason University, the Xi Lambda Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha strives to promote the personal, professional, and academic growth of its members relative to the field of political science.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership in Pi Sigma Alpha is accompanied by several unique benefits. These include:
- Personal, professional, and academic growth opportunities relating to political science
- Superior Academic Achievement for federal jobs (increases GS pay scale level)
- Honor cords and medallions to be worn at graduation
- Access to the Pi Sigma Alpha alumni network
- Opportunity to submit paper proposals to the Pi Sigma Alpha Undergraduate Student Conference and Pi Sigma Alpha Journal of Undergraduate Politics
- Eligible to apply for the Pi Sigma Alpha Howard Penniman Scholarships for Graduate Study in Political Science, the Nancy McManus Washington Internship Scholarships, and Best Paper Awards
To qualify for membership in this prestigious organization, prospective members must meet the following requisites:
- Completed 12 semester hours in Government and International Politics
- Completed 12 semester hours in Government and International Politics, including one upper-division (300/400-level) course
- Submitted an appropriate and complete application for membership
- Paid a one-time new member fee of $40 following acceptance as a new member
HOW TO APPLY
Use the following form to apply for membership. Email email@example.com with questions.