George Mason University’s Schar School of Policy and Government encourages the active involvement of its alumni. The Schar School Alumni Chapter co-sponsors Schar School social and professional networking events and organizes the Annual Alumni Awards Gala.
The Schar School of Policy and Government Alumni Chapter invites all graduates of programs within the Schar School to participate. We are looking forward to your involvement.
The goals and purpose of the chapter are to:
- Unify the alumni and students of the Schar School of Policy and Government from all degree and certificate programs in the interest of personal and professional enhancement.
- Establish a medium through which the chapter may support, advance, and strengthen the value of all Schar School degree and certificate programs.
- Serve as a source of information and mentoring for current students.
- Participate as an active chapter of the George Mason University Alumni Association and support the goals and mission of the university and the alumni association.
The Alumni Chapter Board is elected annually for one or two year terms in May electronically. Terms run from July 1st to June 30th.
“Like” our Facebook Page to find out about opportunities and events that might interest you!
The current Alumni Chapter Board Members for 2020-2021 are listed below. For more information, contact ScharAlumni@gmu.edu.
Master of Peace Operations Policy '18
Master of Public Policy '16
Bachelor’s of Science in Economics ’18, Master of International Commerce & Policy ’19
Master of Peace Operations Policy ’13
Master of Public Administration ’18, Certificate of Public Management ’18
Master of Public Administration ’20
Bachelor of Arts in Government & International Politics ’88
Former Board Members
Master of Public Policy ‘16
Master’s in International Commerce and Policy ’15
Master of International Commerce Policy ’93
Master of Public Administration ‘09
Master of Public Policy ‘08
Please consider serving on one of our chapter’s committee:
- Student Services Committee seeks to provide the following programs for alumni and students:
- Chaired by Brennan Georgianni; Vice Chair: Fleciah Mburu
- Exam Stress Break Event (donuts, blue books, coffee, fruits and an open space are offered to students, faculty, and alumni twice a semester).
- Undergraduate alumni and student engagement events (on Fairfax/Arlington campuses and regionally).
- First Year Initiative (Alumni visit undergraduate/graduate first year classes to acquaint new students to the Alumni Chapter services and events).
- Alumni to Student & Alumni to Alumni Mentorship Program
- Alumni speakers at orientation
- Host perspective & admitted student events
- They also work with students organizations at the Fairfax/Arlington Campuses
- Fundraising Committee seeks to provide the following for students:
- Chaired by JJ Stakem
- Raise funds for the Schar School through:
- Cultivation and Stewardship Events
- Strategic Planning
- Events Committee seeks to provide the following programs for alumni:
- Veterans/Active Military Committee seeks to provide the following programs for alumni and students:
- Chaired by Kristen Taylor
- Represent Veteran Owned Companies, Student Veterans, and those Military-Connected at the Schar School Career Fair
- Plan Schar School at the State Department Day for students
- Plan athletic & charity events
For more information email us!