The Schar School of Policy and Government offers several targeted educational options to make it easier for students and working professionals to learn from the brightest minds in policy in one of the world’s centers of policymaking.
Our graduate certificate programs allow students to remain competitive in an increasingly complex global economy by gaining specialized education in their area of interest. Each certificate program includes five courses for a total of 15 credits. Part-time and full-time study is available, and students typically complete the certificate in one to one-and-a-half years.
Certificate programs are offered in the following areas:
- Biodefense Certificate
- Emergency Management and Homeland Security Certificate
- Global Health and Security Certificate
- Illicit Trade Analysis Certificate
- National Security and Public Policy Certificate
- Nonprofit Management Certificate
- Public Management Certificate
- Science, Technology, and Security Certificate
- Strategic Trade Certificate
- Terrorism and Homeland Security Certificate
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent. For more information, including application deadlines and admissions requirements, visit our graduate certificates admissions page.
NOTE: Graduate certificate programs are not eligible for Title IV Financial Aid.
Want more information? Sign up to learn more about the Schar School and our programs, as well as to receive invitations to upcoming prospective student open houses and visit opportunities.