Where do you want to intern? Here are some recent placements:
- Capitol Hill – member of Congress or Senator’s office
- City of Falls Church Police Department
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
- Fairfax Circuit Court
- Law firms
- National Associations of Counties
- Peace Corps
- Republican Attorneys General Association
- Stimson Center
- The Heritage Foundation
- The Institute of World Politics
- The Partnership for Public Service
- The White House
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Mission to the United Nations
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- United Way Worldwide
HOW TO ENROLL FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT
Mason undergraduate students may enroll in the course GOVT 480 to receive internship credit to count for major or minor or electives. This course is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Please note that in order to earn academic credit, students must pay tuition for this course. GOVT 480 is offered during the Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters. To get started, find the Internship Program Packet below.
Application Deadline: The earlier you plan ahead, the better, but the final deadline to apply for the internship course is the Last Day to Add of each semester.
Ready to gain hands-on experience with a professional internship? Contact Dr. Ann Ludwick to set up an advising appointment.